Monday, August 20, 2007

The "Tales"


"FIRST SERIES : To destroy, mercilessly, without any compromises whatsoever, in the mentation and feelings of the reader, the beliefs and views, by centuries rooted in him, about everything existing in the world."


This quote, taken from the first page of Gurdjieff's "Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson" strikes me in the way it parallels another profound spiritual teaching. I'm sure that those of you who are not just a little acquainted with buddhadharma will be able to see that it mirrors the message of Siddharta Gautama and his explanations of Nirvana. Nirvana being described as a state beyond any conceptualization. Interesting, no ? The reading of the "Tales" have been for me one of the most profound spiritual experience that I've been given. There is so much in this book. And even more ! So I intend, in this blog, to post now and then some quotes from the "Tales" and try to make connection with the other teachings and of course with Reiki. There is a goldmine of knowledge in the "Tales" about energies and the way they work wich I have found invaluable to help me to understand Reiki. I hope that this will inspire you as well.

No comments: